Old August 4th 05, 07:30 AM
Jouni Laukkanen

Jouni Laukkanen wrote:

wrote:

JPI EDM 700/800 engine Is stc for the 206
Garmin GMA 340 audio panel comes with approved data for install
jon
should not be a problem

Yeah, it shouldn't be. But somehow it is. I don't exactly know why this
phenomena has risen in recent years - is it because of EASA (European
Air Safety Agency) influence - not a clue. It's really annoying,
especially when you are talking about STC which is approved in same
country where the aircraft itself was designed/approved.

Anyway any info about this kind of instalation is wellcome.

Jouni

Actually I found reason for this. Local authority can approve
installation whenever there is existing installation in any other
EASA-country. EASA does not maintain a list of approved installations,
so it's owner's responsibility to find this out. If such a case is not
available, approval will transferred to EASA and this will take time.

Still, one might think why it's necessary to approve anything which
already has approval (STC).

J.