Old August 12th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

Default Cockpit video displays. Was: Get Rid Of Warbirds At Oshkosh

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:36:36 GMT, Don Tuite
wrote:

I agree that video's the wrong technology. Would an audible proximity
warning like they have for backing up big pickup trucks help?

Sure. Just make sure that it's louder than an idling Merlin engine,
cause those are easy to miss.

There was a time when among my ground crew I was affectionately known as
"Captain WHAT."
(To my wife simply as "Baron Von Leftover :-)
If someone had forgotten to tell me something after I had fired up the
Mustang, they would climb up the side of the airplane, stand on wing and
lean in to the cockpit shouting whatever it was they wanted to tell me.
My answer invariably, even at idle, was to turn around, help them hold
whatever was in their hand and shout, "WHAT!!!"
:-))
Dudley Henriques