Old February 17th 04, 01:41 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:18:12 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
.. .
Among some folks that I met at fighter lead-in training when I was
instructing were Dino Martin (Dean's son) who was killed flying an F-4
into a mountain in California, and Ross Perot (son of Ross Perot) who
flew F-4s for the TANG.

Ed, when was Martin in LIFT? I saw a documentary recently on his dad, and it
mentioned the son's accident. I had vague memories of it being in the news
when it happened, but found little on the web about his ANG experience. Made
me kind of curious as to his story (not all that many sons of the rich and
famous saw fit to serve in the military during the early eighties). You know
anything more about this?

Brooks

I was at LIFT from July '81 til June of '85. Dino came through in '83
and Perot in '84. Both were good guys with no attitude issues. Each
was fully qualified, no double standard involved.

Martin's accident occured during a radar trail departure in bad
weather out of March AFB (IIRC).

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"