Old March 17th 04, 04:19 AM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:03:44 -0700, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

Small world, ain't it.

I can see San Gorgonio from my yard here in Palm Desert. I can also
see it from Lancaster on a clear day. The snow helps, of course, but
it won't be around much longer if we keep having days in the mid-80s.

As long as there are people of influence, there will be some
accusations (rightly or wrongly) of favoritism. Some get to places
they shouldn't be and some get there fully qualified.

Tell me about it. I don't know if you ran into this in the military,
but civil servants get a lot of lectures about ethics. One of the big
deals is the _appearance_ of impropriety being just about as bad as
actual impropriety. It's sometimes very difficult. I'm sure that
McCain, for example, found being the son and grandson of admirals
difficult, for example. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Mary