Old January 31st 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default NEW - Schweizer 1-26 for Condor 2

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 9:07:15 PM UTC-5, Larry Suter wrote:

I hope you can hear it 'oil can' when flying fast! I loved that machine....

The old 1-26's at Air Sailing would start oil canning just at the right speed for thermalling. Great for keeping your head out of the cockpit.

Larry

The programmers at Condor MUST put the 'oil can' sound in! lol

I remember flying it one day so fast that I was nearly pointing straight down but going forward... Oh, there it is, sounds like a Kendall oil can during an oil change on the bug! I guess this means to slow down! In a standard class, you have your 80-knot knee to slow down or go down, here, its the oil can sound!

Trying to stay up with Ventus-Cs, LS-8's, ASW-20's can be a challenge...

I told my instructor one day this thing is oil canning. He thought I was on drugs! Dr. Fox didn't know about oil canning. Those were some fun times at the Gliderport...