Old February 14th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Realistic Instrument Training using MSFS 2004

On Feb 13, 6:48 pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
In a previous article, said:

so far), and want to use MSFS to practice (cheaply). I do fine with
holding a heading, but I find it very difficult to maintain an
altitude. The real plane is much much easier. I also noticed that
even when the scenery flies by smoothly (when I'm in VMC!) the

I had the same problem with the Elite PCATD at the local FBO. Finally I
gave up on the yoke and control the altitude with the trim lever.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian

I've tried just just using the trim in the past, (I have one of the
rocker switches configured to actually set trim, I'm not using the
calibration wheel on the yoke) but unfortunately that seems to
accurately simulate a real plane's behavior. In other words, I'm
either climbing through my assigned altitude, then overcorrect to drop
right through the bottom!

Of course my problems could be just my lack of proficiency using a
simulator. Maybe I'm just too ham-handed to make it work! Anyway,
thanks for your suggestions. I'll try the trim trick again tonight.