Old April 16th 04, 02:58 PM
Dan Thomas

wrote in message . ..
On 15 Apr 2004 17:44:36 -0700,
(Paul Lee)
wrote:

I have both a contactor and a starter solenoid in my
kit built. The contactor is mainly to protect from
possibility of starter solenoid getting stuck. Its
not used for otherwise. My question is how frequently
do starter solenoids get stuck on? Anybody have that
happen to them? If it's really a remote chance, I could
remove the contactor and save some weight.

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard:
http://www.abri.com/sq2000
In the automotive world I had it happen twice, I think. Both were the
result of a very low battery.

It happens. The master contactor is there for more than just backup;
it's to cut off electrical power in the case of electrical fire or
forced landing.

Dan