Old September 25th 03, 10:25 AM
ops

Mike Williams wrote:
I am presently being bombed by viruses that are under the guise of a
Microsoft upgrade.
There's a discussion on alt.comp.viruses, they have a theory that it seems
to be targeting people that post on newsgroups. The reason I ask this
question on rec.aviation.rotorcraft is this is the only place I've posted in
several months.

Mike Williams

The email addresses go back quite a way - and some of that spam are from
lists that I no longer subscribe - over at least three years now.

They are coming from peoples address books even.

I have been deleting them off the server with Mailwasher
www.firetrust.com free download. Or you may want to change from your
MSOutlook mail program to Pegasus Mail also free.