Old March 24th 05, 06:18 PM
John

I knew I was on thinning ice, but at least I know that being shot down
by Ed means I have been shot down by one of the better ones.

I just found this at http://www.skyhawk.org/2C/productionhistory.htm
regarding design changes to the A-4F.

"A unique recognition feature that first appeared on the A-4F was the
"bent" aerial fueling probe. The probe was so configured to preclude
electronic inteference with the wide-angle target acquisition
system."

Also found this at http://www.airtoaircombat.com/detail.asp?id=57 :

"The A-4M was fitted with a revised refuelling probe which canted out
to starboard to precent interference with a wider-angle target
acquisition system."

Now that Ed has thrown the thrid strike, it is time for me to head back
to the dug-out and resume lurking. (Smiling)

blue skies . . .

P.S. to Mr Rasimus - Is the new book actually out yet (fingers
crossed)?