Old November 5th 03, 04:54 PM
John Mullen

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:55:38 GMT, "Bjørnar Bolsøy"

wrote:

(BUFDRVR) wrote in
:

Again, I don't know what you mean by "cowboy", but I do know
Bush's image, be it right or not, suffers from his
inability to communcate with a clear sense of depth, wisdom
and well articulation compared to some other US presidents,
or officials.

You don't what I mean by cowboy?

You might have an entirely different opinion than me.

Come on, there were political
cartoons daily of Bush with a big 10 gallon hat on, riding
horses and performing other such ranch tasks.

Is that being a cowboy? What about Texan? Do you honestly
expect eropeans, or anyone else for that matter, to be
familiar with the Texas culture, and know how to see right
past Bush's religios tenor and blunt language?

In public relations you are taught to talk accross cultures,
for a good reason.

Why talk "across cultures"? The job of President of the
United States is not a "public relations" job. If pursuing
our national interests upsets the Dutch, why should we
care??

Additionally, his
ranch in Texas was under constant attack in the European press
for being "isolated in the desert".

Just curious, have you ever lived or serviced in europe, or
anywhere else for that matter?

As a bomber guy, it'll be rare if I'm ever permantly stationed
overseas (unless they open a bomb wing on Andersen AFB,
Guam...again), but I spent 5 months at RAF Fairford during
Operation ALLIED FORCE.

Well, do you speak a second or third language?

Regards...

Why would an American want to learn any language other
than English. Especially some silly "old europe" language?

So as not to look like an arrogant tosser?

English is, after all, the default language everywhere. I have
traveled to over 60 countries, and I was never is a position
where English could not be used.

Says a lot.

John