Old November 4th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default GPSMAP 396 won't acquire sats

On Nov 2, 7:57*am, Mike Spera wrote:
Out of warranty (naturally) 396 has started acting flaky. It sits there
with the incorrect time and date and will not acquire satellites and
start up. Tried different antennas. Sometimes it will acquire after
30-40 minutes. Garmin's support database is useless. Are there any known
problems with this unit or is it time to get fleeced by their service arm?

Wow, mine just started doing the same thing. Mine is mounted on my
yoke so the first thing I did when I got on the ground was to take it
off and put on the little dinky antenna that Garmins ships with the
unit. I still had the problem. Maybe I'll need to learn how to reset
the unit?

-Robert