Old November 25th 03, 08:53 PM
Jim

control/performance works best to land MSFS. just set the power and trim
the pitch for a nice gradual descent and don't touch it. it will squeek 'em
on.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Harry Gordon" wrote in message
I'm glad to here that I am not the only person that can't land worth a

grain
of sand on the MSFS :-). In fact, I stopped flying it for that reason. I
think what I am going to do is just use it for VOR training and when I get
to my destination just recycle the flight, not even try to land.

I am still using the 2002 version. My PC won't handle the 2004 version.

Harry
PP-ASEL

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
(Charles Talleyrand) wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone here use Microsoft Flight Simulator to help them become a
better pilot? I already know it can be used for fun, but does anyone
use it to help them on their IFR landings, or to become familiar with
their Garmin 430, or what not?

Basically, anyone have any Microfost Flight Simulator tips for actual
pilots?

I basically use MSFS to drill procedures and practice instrument
approaches (full approach only, no ATC). Used '98 now 2002 after the
kind gift of someone upgrading to 2004.

I find it helpful. It is useful to set up different wind conditions,
instrument failures etc but it's most useful to me just for drilling
procedures. I use the same mneumonics checklists timer etc as I
do when I fly.

I still can't land MSFS worth a darn. Whatever sensory cues I use
to land, they aren't there in "as real as it gets".