Old December 8th 15, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

Default CFI vs FBO owner?

On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 2:31:57 AM UTC-5, Teacher wrote:
Wondering if other CFIs would offer insight here.

My solo student was in the pattern at an uncontrolled field. Second solo flight ever, calm day, no pattern traffic. Insurance requires a CFI to monitor solo students. The lookie-loos on the ramp notice a powered ram-air parachute approaching the field.

Student is on downwind; the chute is so distant you cannot observe the clothing of that pilot and it is heading upwind.

The FBO owner grabs a handheld and begins giving traffic calls to the solo student, who responds that they don't see the chute. After two radio calls, one to report the chute position, and one to report that traffic is no factor, I ask that the owner please refrain from talking to the student again.