Old September 6th 05, 04:24 AM
Chris W

Withheld By Request wrote:

What are the differences between the Lycoming I0360 SER A&C as installed in
a 2000 Cessna 172SP Millenium Edition and a Lycoming IO360L2A as installed
in a 2005 172SP.

The SER A&C is listed at 200hp and the L2A at 180hp.

I believe that the 200HP IO360's have angled valves and the the 180HP
IO360's have parallel valves. Apparently the angled valve versions let
more fuel and air in and out of the cylinders to give more power. I
think they are also a little heaver. If I'm not mistaken the Lycoming
web site gives a fair amount of information on the various engine models

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &