Old May 28th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default Gear Trouble

Only a set of nose gear doors on the 182RG, but I remember switches in the
main gear wells and your description matches my faulty memory. I've got a
POH at home, but I'm wondering if it's too separate problems, one with the
gear up limit switch(s) and one with the throttle gear/horn switch.
Jim

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Jim Burns wrote:
You're right.... she's a keeper! Great story...
I can't remember too much about the electrical/gear system on the 182RG

we
used to fly... does the gear down limit switch turn off the pump? if

that
switch is out of position or bad and the pump continues to run, is there

an
over pressure bypass? wondering why the amp meter was pegged... stuck
bypass valve? where is the throttle/gear horn switch?

Glad you made it down ok and saved that new prop!

I've got a manual for the 1977 C-210, which is closely related to the

C-182RG.
Assuming it shares the same clamshell gear doors, there's a pressure

switch in
the door closing mechanism which shuts off the hydraulic pump. The

hydraulic
pump is electrically operated.

If the pump continues to run, you are cautioned to pull the hydraulic pump
circuit breaker. I assume that wasn't done, which is why the ammeter was
showing a discharge... the pump was still energized.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com