Old November 24th 05, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper Supercub

It sounds like a nice light SC. If it's been hangered for the last 10 years
(since the fabric was replaced and the tubing inspected) and the last 10
years have been away from salt water, I'd imagine it's a pretty solid
airplane.

The 150 will make it lighter than a 160 conversion or a 180hp, which in
certain parts of the country will more than make up for the price difference
between a 150 and a 180. For the rest of the country, where weight and
short strips are not a concern, the 150hp will be discounted. By how much?
I'm not sure. I used to keep better track.

All other things considered, it sounds like a middle of the road, solid SC.
Not a recent total rebuild that may bring crazy prices, nor an early 50's ag
conversion. My target would be some where around 50-60K. The 80K SC's are
usually recent (not new) rebuilds, frame up with fresh 180hp engines. And I
honestly don't know if they ever sell for that much.

Join SuperCub.org. lots of good stuff there.

Jim

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
All AD's are current. In particular, that one has been taken care of.