Old March 8th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Default More Glide Nav 2 questions - Need technical advice

Paul & Andy - that answers alot....thank you very much!

Andy, regarding Q3:

At the R4S contest, there were some people who drove in and gave the
GPS coordinates for a nice big open field to land it. I would have
loved to entered this into my GPS so I could see it on the moving
map. But, I had no idea who to do that, so throughout that primarly
unlandable area....I just flew as high as I could without taking
chances. I could have pushed the limit a little harder with that
specific knowledge of where the field was. The GPS could have pointed
me to an exact heading, and an exact distance.

Maybe there's a way to enter this into Glide Nav 2 easily?