Old April 27th 05, 02:45 PM
OtisWinslow

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On 26 Apr 2005 11:08:21 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote
in .com::

The FSS briefer or DUATS should have issued the NOTAM related to the
parachute activity.

I've never gotten a NOTAM on jumpers and I fly out of an airport with a
jump club that goes constantly. You can't rely on NOTAMS at all. I listen
to the radar controller for the over lying airspace and to the CTAF. At any
airport that I'm around that shows jump activity I do the same. Talk to the
jump plane and make sure he/she know where you're at and you know where
they are and what altitude and when they're throwing them out. It's a matter
of coordinating your pattern, or doing a 360 or two, until they get down.

I can't think of any excuse for a jump plane to be below his jumpers, no
matter how much other jump pilots justify it. The jumpers have the right
of way. It's careless/reckless operation and most likely negligent homicide.