Old January 8th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stan Prevost[_1_]

Default LPV vs LNAV/VNAV?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Stan Prevost wrote:

\
Beats me. Have you tried to find out in the Garmin Handbook and couldn't
find it?

Having said that, the advisory vertical path is provided to Garmin, and
other avionics vendors, by Jeppesen.

That's why I didn't even look in Garmin material. :-)

So, assuming no errors on the part of Jeppesen, it doesn't matter whether
you are using their chart or NACO's.

Whether it matters depends on how much you care about 30 feet. If the GPS
box has you begin the Jepp descent angle at the FAWP, then you wind up 30
feet low at the stepdown fix, if I did the numbers right.

If my butt were on the line I would be keeping an eye on that stepdown
fix.

For sure!