Old January 6th 04, 05:20 AM
weary

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "weary"

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "weary"

Besides, I have never asked nor do I
want my government to kill civilians so that I can sleep safe
at night. As a matter of fact, if I knew that is what my government
was doing, I would not sleep safe at night.

Tell ya what, get the bad guys to move their military targets away from
civilian populations and the civilians will stop dying. That is true

for
all
countries and organizations including the U.S. and Al Quaida.

Your insistance that civilians were deliberatly targeted in Hiroshima

and
Nagasaki would only hold water if the military targets were no where

near
civilian population centers.

In Hiroshima the aiming point was in a largely residential area and
the targetting selection required that the military target be in a large
urban
area.

I ask again, how would YOU have taken out the military targets in

Nagasaki
and
Hiroshima without harming civilians.

Conventional bombing and I haven't claimed that no civilians would be

harmed
so don't you try that strawman as well.

OK, so your contention civilians were the intended targets of the atomic
bombings doesn't hold water.

?

The fact remains there were military targets there
and civilians would die in very large numbers in any case.

Feel free to point out any precision bombing raid that produced
over 70000 civilian deaths.