Old October 14th 05, 07:10 PM
N93332

"cwby-flyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Texas there is no property tax for personal use aircraft & if you
purchase the plane from a private seller or out of state then there's
no sales tax due either :-)

I purchased my plane a few years ago from Iowa while living in Texas. I
didn't have to pay a sales or property tax on the purchase while I lived in
Texas. I then moved to Iowa some months later and then Iowa wanted me to
pay the sales tax. I had to prove to Iowa that I was a Texas resident when
I bought the plane. I paid the annual registration fee of $35 for Iowa.
When I moved to Minnesota, I had to prove to them that the plane wasn't a
new purchase. Being an older aircraft, it's now registered in Minnesota as
a 'Classic' with a one time $25 registration fee.

http://www.dot.state.ia.us/mvd/ovs/aircraft.htm
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/aero/avof...creg/info.html

-Greg B.