Old October 15th 05, 06:29 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Flying our Cardinal south for its new plumage - Long report

At least Days Inns are exactly what they advertise: Cheap lodging. No
surprises, no regrets.

Have you ever stayed at a Days Inn? I just completed a road trip from
Anchorage to Arkansas then Oregon and returned to Anchorage. We stayed
at a Days Inn twice (St Joseph, MO. and Mt Vernon, OR) and I can assure
you if a Days Inn is my only choice in the future I'll sleep in the back
of my truck instead.

I've stayed at them in the past -- I won't stay at them anymore. But
that's only because my budget has improved -- if I were looking for
absolutely rock-bottom-cheap lodging, with few amenities, I'd stay
there again.

Pig stys.

Cleanliness at a hotel has NOTHING to do with the sign out front.
(Which is why staying at chain-hotels NEVER assures you of anything
except paying more $$ for the experience.)

I've stayed in brand-new 5-star hotels so filthy I wouldn't kennel my
dog there, and I've stayed in old Super 8s where you could eat off the
floors. Your experience all comes down to the local manager/owner's
attitude, and how well they supervise housekeeping.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA