Old September 12th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
CriticalMass

Default Quality helicopter sim?

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:23:08 -0500, CriticalMass wrote:

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

the helicopters are way easier to fly than the real thing - especially the Robinsons. All
helicopters are turbine powered and the flight models are tweaked to "emulate" piston power.

Absolutely FALSE. If "real-world" helicopters "flew" anything like the
models in FS2004, there wouldn't BE any "real-world" helo pilots -
they'd all be dead by now.

MS FlightSimulator doesn't come close to simulating helicopters.

Isn't that what I had implied? While not a mutli-thousand hour helo
pilot like heywood, I am a commercially rated heli pilot myself...

Not the way I read your post. I, and numerous others, have repeatedly
maintained they don't model real helos due to the nasty roll tendency
built into the flight models that essentially make them unflyable at
very low airspeeds. They're unrealistically HARDER to fly than the real
thing, not easier, as you said.