Old September 15th 05, 10:13 AM
David Cartwright

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
With regard to your transition into a Cessna model that I have not seen,
is the carb heat control still to the left of the throttle? Can it not be
pushed in with your thumb while the throttle is being pushed in by the
base of your palm?

On the PA-28 I fly the carb heat is (rather idiotically) immediately to the
right of the mixture control, which made my instructor sweat one day when I
was looking out of the window, and leaned over and pulled the wrong one.
Fortunately I noticed when the engine stuttered, before I'd leaned it off
completely, and a quick shove restored power!

D.