Old September 15th 05, 01:39 PM
Kai Glaesner

David,

On the PA-28 I fly the carb heat is (rather idiotically) immediately to the
right of the mixture control, which made my instructor sweat one day when I
was looking out of the window, and leaned over and pulled the wrong one.
Fortunately I noticed when the engine stuttered, before I'd leaned it off
completely, and a quick shove restored power!

Reminds me of one of my touch-and-goes in a (then new to me) Pa 28, when
I intended to pull the carb heat up to "cold", but instead pulled the
friction lock up...

Enriching the mixture and opening the throttle became impossible then
and in the aftermath I'm glad it was a touch-an-go and not a go-aroud... :-/

Best regards

Kai