Old January 1st 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Default You Know You're Old Dept.

anon wrote:
"DABEAR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hughes Electronics has a fleet of them operational at Van Nuys Airport,
California. They even have a C.O.D. version of sorts, complete with
passenger windows.

As a kid, I remember checking out a VIP Transport A-3 at Andrews. It had
leather seats!!

I've had only one opportunity to fly in an aircraft as a passenger and
find myself sitting in leather seats:

Swift Aire Lines, DeHavilland Heron, four-engines if you can believe it
(old RAF Military Utility Transport ~ the twin version was the "Dove"),
from Los Angeles to Santa Maria.

Would love to get me one of those!

Mojave has a flight tester, modified, just sitting with the wings
off...tempting! G

Five Questions out of curiousity: 1) Are all ultralights single
engine, and if not, 2) what ultra light(s) possess the most? 3) What
is the lightest engine in use on an ultralight? And 4) how much does
the engine weigh? 5) I've been told that the replica Wright Flyers
qualify as Ultra Lights, as do some of the pioneering aircraft 1903 -
1914 ~ is this true?

Thanks in advance for any answers I can get...