Old July 21st 20, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Glider Insurance?

On 7/21/20 7:00 AM, Turkey Vulture wrote:
On Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 6:15:03 PM UTC-4, Graham Drinkell wrote:
Why have the costs risen so high? I was a loyal customer for over 10
years to a particular insurance company, whom informed me I was not
allowed to allow young pilots to fly my glider.
They have now declined me from their insurance cover.
I have tried another broker, but their charges are excessive, to the
point I will quit gliding.

Graham what glider are you trying to insure? I don't like hearing this trend...

It's not just the glider type, it's pilot age, medical history, claims
history also.