Old July 27th 20, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 11:33:50 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
I would think land gear up. It might float indefinitely. Depends on how much foam/wood is in it. I would certainly try and get out as quick as I could.

I know a guy who landed in a lake near Arlington, WA. Two fishermen in a nearby boat came to give him a lift to shore. He insisted that he had landed in shallow water, and jumped up and down in the cockpit to prove it - the glider was absolutely rock solid. They said no, the water was 10 ft deep. He didn't believe them and jumped into the water to prove it - he promptly sank in over his head. The glider was towed to shore and damage was limited to one mechanical vario.

Tom