Old January 21st 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default "View Limiting Device" recommendations please

On 2008-01-20 09:26:45 -0800, said:

On Jan 19, 6:08 pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 12:32 am, wrote:
IMHO If you use foggles only, you are cheating yourself:

http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications...m?article=4849

I completely agree. No cheating allowed.

I've only been in "actual" a few times.

I invariably become disoriented upon entering actual IMC. For me, I
think that is a good thing, as it forces me to immediately rely on the
instruments. That never happens to me under the hood or using any other
view-limiting device.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, of course, we have plenty of opportunity
to fly in the clouds.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor