Old May 17th 04, 09:49 PM
Dave S

Richard Lamb wrote:
Dave S wrote:

I made a day trip out to the SouthWest Regional Flyin held this weekend
in New Braunsfels KBAZ, Texas and thought I would share a little of
what I found. Of course, once you have attended Oshkosk/Airventure,
nothing will compare or measure up... but overall it was an enjoyable trip.

Awesome report, Dave.

SWRFI has had a hard time getting re-established since leaving
Kerrville. New Braunfels has really gotten behind their airport,
which helps make something like this possible.

Chapter 958 has really put out too.
It takes a lot of work to put on a fly in of any size.

If you don't mind, I'd like to pass your comments directly to the
SWRFI staff. This is the second year SWRFI has been in New Braunfels,
and your feedback might be invaluable in polishing up the event.

Glad you had a good time.

Sorry we didn't somehow meet.

Try again next year?

Richard Lamb

Feel free to pass them along, but I did already post the critique issues
along already to their "info" mailbox.

I want to emphasize that most of my critical comments are not directed
at the hard working volunteers who worked to make this happen, but at
folks who arrived unprepared or unwilling to fly the arrival as published.

I also hope to be part of the problem/solution next year. I have a few
acquaintances in EAA chapter 12 the "Houston" chapter which has been
located in a fringe suburb since the PATCO strike. I understand that
they may be moving to Ellington (EFD), which is much closer to me, and I
wouldnt mind being a part of something like this.

Dave