Old October 25th 05, 07:53 PM
Dave Butler

Default A36 baggage?

Interesting. The few times I've loaded a Mooney, I found the location of
the baggage compartment door to be awkward. Having to lift the bags up so
much higher in order to clear the lip made me long for the nice, low baggage
doors in most other planes.

I'm with you on that, Jay. Also the opening is not large enough.

I"m also 6'4", I've always thought
that Beech designed for shorter pilots, while Mooney designed for
taller pilots, perhaps that is a factor too.

First time I've ever heard that. Usually I've heard pilots describe both
planes the other way 'round...

Don't know about Beech, but I'm 6'1" and I have the adjustable pilot's seat
pulled forward to the second (or third?) notch in the Mooney. The Mooney's leg
space in the front row is like a tunnel. I'd guess 5'9" or so as the minimum
height for a Mooney.