Old September 14th 04, 10:23 AM
Llama Thumper

Default any USAF jets located close to/in Bavaria?

I'm currently in Bavaria and since I've seen (and heard.... the sonic
booms?) a couple of jets fly around (presumably USAF?), I was
wondering if there was any military airfield nearby with some
detachment that I could plane spot at. There's a list of bases under:
http://www.globemaster.de/germanybases.html
but the ones closest to me (ETIH) all seem to be "army aviation
fields" which means they are only for choppers and the like?

oh, and one more question... if I stop somewhere nearby and take out
my photo camera to make a pic of a jet in the air, am I going to get
picked up by MP? plane spotting isn't a crime, or?