Old July 15th 03, 09:28 AM
Dylan Smith

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:41:55 GMT, Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
I think you missed the point, which is to correlate engine noise
with yoke movement. If you pull back the yoke to climb, but engine
noise increases, what does that tell you? If you push forward
on the yoke but engine noise decreases, what does that tell you?
(recall we're talking fixed pitch prop here)

If you have long enough to do that test whilst inverted in an AA5,
within a couple of seconds, you'll be greeted by silence. I don't know
about the AA5, but the C140 would quit if you did a zero-g pushover
slightly too vigorously!

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net