Old March 7th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default What will user fees do to small towered airports

In article DqePf.5119$ci1.162@trndny08, says...

When I was training, I remember doing 20 touch and gos one day. What would

that have cost me?

$0. Landing fees are not usually charged for aircraft based at a field.

What type of aircraft are the four "commercial" flights?
If they are charged for the service, at least the tower at your airport can
claim they are bringing *something* into the system, instead of just costing
money, the way it is now.

It really depends on what type of accounting mentality accompanies the
proposed fee structure. The simple fact of bringing some more revenue into
the system is not in itself going to cause reductions in service, but if
there is an accounting structure that evaluates towers to see which are not
"pulling their own weight" then that's different.

GF