Old February 16th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default $10 Flight Planning Software

On Feb 16, 10:25 am, wrote:
The flight planning software market is so saturated with both free and
$100+ products that I really couldn't afford to sink too much time or
money into promoting my product. By making it a shareware low cost
for registration planner, I expect that I can at least keep it out in
the world and allow those who bought it over the past 10 years to keep
using it with current nav data. Unfortunately, folks outside the USA
won't get new data because the DAFIF is not available anymore...

That's nice of you not to abandon your old customers. Voyager on the
other hand has a different point of view. After old customers spent
$150 and $75/year for updates, they now require these same customers
to pay another $100 for the new version. Then again, maybe that's what
they need to do to stay above water in such a saturated market.

I also have been doing some avionics design under contract for a
company that makes an EFIS system, which has been keeping me busy.

Being in the software development in order to support my aviation
habit, I secretly dream about working for an avionics company working
on EFIS or MFD systems. Unfortunately, Long Island has very few
cutting-edge aviation companies despite its rich heritage in aviation.
It must be nice to have money actually going IN to your wallet while
doing something related to aviation.

Marco