Old February 17th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gerry Caron

Default $10 Flight Planning Software

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Being in the software development in order to support my aviation
habit, I secretly dream about working for an avionics company working
on EFIS or MFD systems. Unfortunately, Long Island has very few
cutting-edge aviation companies despite its rich heritage in aviation.
It must be nice to have money actually going IN to your wallet while
doing something related to aviation.

Marco

It's not just nice to work in aviation, it's inconceivable that I could be
happy working in any job outside aviation. It's worse than any addiction
the medical community recognizes. I grew up around airports -- Dad was an
A&P. I got a degree in Aero Eng and now have 30 years in the industry; 17
years USAF (Maj Ret.) and 13 years in avionics.

The downside to this industry is that you have to go where the jobs are.
Everyone has their priorities. For some it's family. Others just have to
live in [insert town here]. I have to live where I can do the work I have
to do. It's taken me back and forth across this country 4 times. Can't say
I've lived any place I truly didn't like, though I did like some places
better than others. Overall, I'll say I prefer to avoid big cities so I
probably won't go back to LA or Long Island.

If you're serious, I know where there are open positions doing just what you
describe. Let me know.

Gerry