Old February 18th 13, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roel Baardman

Default For Sale: Pilatus B4 with trailer, new finish.

On gliders like the PIK20 I would like to note that they are perhaps not so ideal for a beginning aerobatic pilot. Look up the DG-303 acro manual for similar warnings.

Points which I find less-than-ideal:
- The reclined position makes one less G-aware.
- The efficient design makes the glider pick up speed rapidly. This may give you bigger vertical uplines, but also makes the room for error in downlines smaller.
- Flexing wings are not ideal for judging angles. During stall-turns for example, I find it difficult to judge a line correctly. When I relax backpressure, the wing changes shape.

I would rather recommend a design like the SZD-59 (although I have never flown it).

Roel
A Pilatus B4AF owner btw.