Old May 19th 14, 03:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,rec.aviation.piloting

Default How does a wet cloth really help (scientifically) to survive an airplane crash?

On Sat, 17 May 2014 02:18:59 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Fri, 16 May 2014 10:50:13 -0700, Ann Marie Brest
wrote:

On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:48:32 -0400, micky wrote:

It is frequenty reported that someone dies of smoke inhalation.

It's frequently reported that people die of heartbreak also.

Give me a break. Now you're using nonsense to try to refute facts.

If you google smoke inhalation, you likely may read that the US
ambassador to Libya who died in the fire at the consulate in Bengazi,
Ambassador Stevens, did not die from burns but from smoke inhalation.
Do you think he really died of a broken heart, or that they just called
it smoke inhalation to mess up this thead for you?

And that Vikings wore horns on their helmets.
And that Moses parted the water of the Red Sea.
Or that George Washington had wooden teeth.
Or that Benjamin Franklin publicly proposed the wild turkey be
used (instead of the bald eagle) as the symbol of the US.
Or that Napoleon Bonaparte was shorter than the average
Frenchman of his time.
etc.

Lots of things are "frequently reported" and just as frequently
untrue. That's why I had asked for "scientific" answers.

Anyone can guess wrong.

No one's guessing, lady, except you.

You've lost this argument. Give it up. No matter what you might yet
successfullly show about fire deaths, you lost when you said that we
(meaning you) could safely assume something just because the opposite was
not written in a short article. You have to abandon that method of
thinking, or at least not bring it up here, and then you might have your
future posts taken more seriously.

Maybe she can do that.