Old November 21st 16, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default ASH-25 manual

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 3:28:33 PM UTC+3, Johan Pretorius wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone perhaps have an electronic version of an ASH-25 flight manual, or know where I might find one?

I'm renting one for a week in December (South African summer). Flying it will be a new experience for me, and I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

I found one electronic version by googling, but it looks like whoever scanned it tried to mash together two different paper manuals into a single electronic copy, and got it wrong - some pages are missing, and others are out of order.

Don't let wing drops develop when thermalling at high altitude. Or any time! But it seems to be especially deadly for 25+m wingspan gliders in Africa, both ASH25 and Nimbus. A lot of inertia, thin air, marginal controls, Vne goes by very quickly.