Old May 4th 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Why no

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 6:13:31 PM UTC-5, Mike Schumann wrote:
Powerflarm is not a good ADS-B IN solution. It does not see UAT equipped aircraft, nor does it support ADS-R or TIS-B, which makes UAT and conventional transponder equipped aircraft visible to ADS-B IN equipped AC (as long as those aircraft are also ADS-B OUT equipped).

An ADS-B receiver (SCOUT, Stratus, etc.) coupled with an application like Foreflight or FltPlan Go on a smartphone or tablet provides an economical ADS-B collision warning system for those pilots who have an ADS-B out equipped glider.

As usual, Mike, you are factually wrong.

PowerFLARM most definitely shows ADS-B (Mode S, the most common). It also shows Mode C and Mode S transponders in PCAS mode; and since UAT ADS-B has to be associated with a Mode C or S transponder, it will show them.

Now, again, tell me what ADS-B IN/OUT setup you have in a pure glider - that interfaces with standard glider displays.

Crickets....

Please stop spreading your "fake news" about PowerFLARM. We get it that you don't like it. Get over it. Enjoy your ADS-B whatever and I'll enjoy my PF.

Just stay away from my thermal!

Kirk
66