Old April 20th 05, 04:09 PM
John Ousterhout

AliR wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just saw an ad for an IFR 1978 152 with 5230 total hours, 370 SMOH for
$30K.

Is that a good first plane? I am wondering how much insurance will run for
such an airplane (I am IFR with 230+ hours, working on Commercial ticket).

How much is the operational cost of a 152?

The cockpit is suitable for slim people, often uncomfortable for others.

If you and/or your passenger are heavier than the FAA Standard (170
pounds) you will likely be over gross weight if you fill the gas tanks.
If you weigh what I do your only possible passenger is a child,
fashion model or jockey.

- John (1.5 "FAA persons") Ousterhout -