Old September 26th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Marfa Gliders is NOT closing!

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 12:46:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
You know they’re car headlights on a distant road, right?

Yes, 99% are distant car lights on the highway up from Mexico, 65 miles south, refracting in the clear air under the nighttime inversion. Like many who live here, I have never seen the "real" Marfa Mystery Lights however, I would really like to the see them, even if the light is static electricity created by two Jackrabbits rubbing up against each other.

For the best light show around Marfa, attend one of the weekly "Star Parties" at the McDonald Observatory Visitor Center telescopes. See galaxies, planets and more. So popular that reservations are now required! www.mcdonaldobservatory.org