Old August 23rd 03, 09:38 PM
Dudley Henriques

Many thanks for this info.
"Gnasher" wrote in message
On this day of our lord, Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:09:18 GMT, "Dudley
Henriques" quilled:

I'm seriously considering a new gaming machine. Anyone out there have
anything they can tell me about Hypersonic computers? Good or bad, it

will
really help me in making a final decision. Keep in mind I'm interested in
flight simulators as my only "game" please. If you have any

recommendations
within the system itself, please feel free to tell me what they are. I

have
to choose between Anthlon and Pentium for example, and Nvidia and ATI.
All comments will be appreciated believe me.
Thanks.
Dudley

Ever considered building your own instead? Takes a bit more work but
you get exactly what you want. But if buying a pre-built the best
advice I can give is buy the fastest and most (HD, ram etc.) you can
afford. Intel P4's with 800mhz FSB are the best performers right now
but cost more than AMD too. I would say an AMD Barton 2500+ cpu with
an Nforce2 motherboard, Sapphire Radeon 9800 OEM vid card, ATA100
7200rpm120+gb HD and at least 512mb of PC3200 (400mhz) ram will
provide the most bang for the buck. That's what I would buy if
building a fast system and on a budget. But I do use an Intel P4
system right now.