Old December 29th 18, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

Hi,

Well, today I flew Condor 2 in VR using Oculus Rift. Wow!!! I'm surprised at how much "being immersed" in the environment makes you feel like you're sitting in the glider. I zoomed and landed at the Nephi, Utah airport and felt like I was there. Very cool!

I think young glider pilots especially will love the VR functionality of Condor 2. Anyone learning to fly gliders will find it much easier to land that fly aerotow too.

Note: I sell and support Condor 2. I don't have any plans to sell Oculus Rift.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_______________________________________

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 7:10:18 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Condor 2 Soaring Flight Simulator Fans

Today the Condor 2 team announced the release of Condor update 2.0.5 with native support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive (using Revive). This update is free for all Condor 2 users.

Also released today is our first glider with sustainer motor - the ASG 29 Es 18m in 2 variants with and without motor.

If you don't already own it, you can order Condor 2 he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/condor2.htm

The ASG 28 Es Add-On sailplane is available he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/condor2.htm#Condor2-ASG29Es

I also offer all the available Add-On sailplanes in a bundle for $88.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condo...dOn-Sailplanes

If you already have Condor 2 installed, you can update it for free he
http://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/

I don't know much yet about the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. Which one do experts recommend? What is "Revive"?

The idea of being able to look around while flying is very cool. I can't wait to try it!!!

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.