Old January 9th 19, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How to Make a Poor Man's Spar Alignment Tool

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 12:47:58 PM UTC-6, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
I have updated my simple presentation to add a warning (and a paint scheme) about mistakenly leaving the wooden spar alignment tool in place after finishing rigging instead of replacing it with the proper steel pin. Many thanks to Lee Braith for pointing this flaw out to me.

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#spartool

- John OHM Ω

John, when moving from a more humid climate to the dry air out West your dowel will fail miserably. If your tool works here in Chicago, you'll find it rattling around in the bushings when out at Nephi. The drying wood shrinks quite substantially. Do it right and make the tool out of steel or plastic..
Herb, J7