View Single Post
Old April 10th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]
external usenet poster

Default Call for flight department guide for employee pilots

Thanks for the input Travis. When HP had a policy they reimbursed based on comparable lowest-seat-cost from the part 121 scheduled airlines. Since HP also had a policy that tended to limit travel by automobile to 3 hours or less one-way, I often wondered how they handled sites in the middle of Montana, or even Hurricane, Utah. You just can't get there from here unless you use private aircraft.

I'll let the group know how things proceed if anything significant comes of the effort.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"Travis Marlatte" wrote in message ...
There was some discussion here a while back. It seems that most who flew personal planes on business did so not by act of policy but by lack of it. Such is the case for the company I work for. The insurance policy does not have any specific inclusions or exclusions of flying while performing company business.

Many years ago, I asked the chief council if it was allowed. I felt safe in doing so only because I knew him personally. I felt that he would give me a straight answer without stiring the waters into a froth. He very directly said that it was not disallowed, therefore it was allowed and covered just like any other form of transportation.

Every few years, I get a copy of our insurance policy just to make sure some exclusionary clause hasn't appeared. So far so good and I'm not going to ask for clarification again.

I have expensed it as car mileage (significantly less than my cost). I have also expensed it as direct costs (allowed by the FAA). Both were accepted by the accounting department. In fact, they were happier with the larger but clearer expense of flying costs since it was clear as to why I needed a rental car.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK
"David Lesher" wrote in message ...

On Apr 4, 6:33 am, "Jim Carter" wrote:
I need to propose a reinstatement of our company's policy or allowing employee