Old September 17th 05, 12:43 PM
Dan

Thanks Gordon, it needed to be said. I have had the same feelings for some
time. I too was a little put off by the tone of the editorial in this months
KITplanes. the editor completely ignores some pretty healthy and real costs
when he trashes an older aircraft in favour of the new plastic fantastics.
Depreciation comes screaming to mind. Some of the characteristics of aging
plastic give me pause also.

Since I would not buy a $100,000 depreciating asset even if I could the new
aircraft hold little interest for me.

I think the future for many of us must center on kits and plans, many
magazines have sprung up touting back to grassroots philosophies, only to
change course as they chase advertising revenue.

The makers and marketers should welcome honest discourse on the shortcomings
of their product, far better to have the questions asked in an enthusiast
forum than a courtroom full of liability lawyers.