Old March 7th 19, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Smith[_4_]

Default Rodent proofing CG Hook

At 23:23 01 March 2019, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 8:12:35 AM UTC-8,

Dan Marotta wrote:
Dryer sheets are also excellent for removing dried

on bugs.=C2=A0 I
learn=
ed=20
that from a motorcycle news group.=C2=A0 I tried it

and it works quite
we=
ll;=20
simply wet the dryer sheet and wipe off the bugs.
=20
On 2/27/2019 8:41 PM,

wrote:
+1 on the dryer sheets.

A Google search a few years ago turned up the

dryer sheet tip so I
figu=
red, what the heck and gave it a try. I scatter 8 to 10

dryer sheets over
=
the floor of my trailer and put several more in the

cockpit and haven't
see=
n a mouse since. The sheets seem to last about a

year before they need t
=
be replaced.

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 9:19:15 PM

UTC-6,
=
wrote:
Got a friend that always stuffed anti-static dryer

sheets in all of
th=
e "orifices" when putting the glider away. He claimed

the smell was an
effe=
ctive rodent deterrent. Can't say that it worked, but he

kept doing it.
(ps=
.. Right now my glider is hanging 12 feet off the floor

in my hangar. Also
a=
good rodent deterrent.)
=20
--=20
Dan, 5J

Curiously enough, dryer sheets are bad for things are

supposed to dry:
Drye=
r sheets also make fabrics less absorbent and should

not be used with
towel=
s and sheets as they coat the fabric. If you think your

towels are not
dryi=
ng very well, wash them a few times in hot water (and

no dryer sheets) and
=
you will see the difference.

Wire wool works every oriface