Old March 24th 05, 07:05 AM
Go

The irony with our club is: no radio, no fly. But don't use it! We
don't want to **** off the landlord. In an emergency yes, but no speed
up, slow down, turns, or 'off tow' messages. Go figure. Of course the
landlord uses our radio freq. to order lunch and schedule refuelling.

If you are in an emergency (except for the no release problem where you
have plenty of time) you had better have a radio with push to talk in
an easy location. Because you just aren't going to have the time, or
the hands perhaps, to grab the hand-held and transmit. In immediate
emergency situations the hand-held is useless except to call back for
someone to bring the truck and haul you out, if anyone is listening.