Old February 13th 05, 04:29 AM
Jon A.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:58:15 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

That doesn't HAPPEN to be true, but I'll let you deal with your FSDO any way
you want.

Nobody ever said that "willy nilly" (whatever the hell that means) was an
option. You spend a deuce of a lot of time as an apprentice learning what
looks like airplane and what doesn't.

Jim

And you spend more time justifying doing something that isn't right.
Gotta go, I'm curing some rubber for my airplane tires and it'll go
bad if I don't get right on it!

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
.com...
An owner produced part is not airworthy unless it matches the blueprints
the manufacturer supplied to the FAA when the aircraft was certificated.

Or a 337 with and STC is used.

Or a field approval is obtained.

No, the myth that an owner could just willy nilly make up a part on
his own.